If you missed part 1 of this series, you can find it here: Back From Europe With So Much To Share…
OK, so picking up where we left off, I actually thought my first post was the extent of Day 1, but we actually made it from Vienna to Budapest that same day and was able to catch some sweet views of the city, ride down the Danube River on a mini cruise, check out all the amazing bridges, and generally fall in love with the city.
Here are some facts about Budapest (thanks Wikipedia!):
- Buda and Pest merged in 1873 to become a single city known as Budapest today. It’s often cited as one of Europe’s most beautiful cities.
- Budapest is the capital and the largest city in Hungary, and one of the largest cities in the European Union.
- There are 1.74 million inhabitants within the city as of 2011.
- The banks along the Danube River is classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- It has the third largest Parliament Building.
- It’s considered the financial hub of Central Europe.
- It’s the most “livable city” in Central/Eastern Europe as ranked by EIU’s quality of life index.
Ok, onto the photos!
That’s maybe about 10% of the photos I took while I was in Budapest. What a seriously lovely and charming city. Wish I could’ve stayed longer but we had a schedule to keep! Next up… Slovakia and the Tatra Mountains and maybe if there’s time… Poland!